Farmside’s crew leader is responsible for providing top quality installation work for the company’s clients while achieving their production goals.
This position does the production work with the Design/Build team. This person is expected to be able to work hard, work well with others and have fun. This position is a combination of working with the manger for site prep, working with the teams on installs and operating machinery as necessary. An ideal candidate would have experience working with small-medium excavators and skid steers, knowledge of the proper way to do patio/wall and plant installations.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Prepare the truck with equipment and materials in the morning.
- Perform the Farmside Experience of delivering top-quality professional work on all jobs.
- You own your jobsite- including dealing with client care and team member needs
- Perform quality work with no call backs.
- Perform assigned production within budgeted labor hours.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment.
- Complete electronic reporting, paperwork, notes and forms accurately daily.
- Training of crew members as necessary.
- Actively participate in company-wide meetings, suggesting improvements
- Complete all duties safely with no accidents.
- Ensure crews safety in the workplace.
- Report any accidents and/or near misses as per Farmside Safety Policy.
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events.
- Grow your skills and knowledge of the company and the industry.
- Unloading the truck, equipment and materials at night.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Valid driver’s license, no points.
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician preferred but not required
- Experience operating small/medium excavators, loaders, skidloaders
- Able to operate saws, jumping jacks, plate compactors safely
- High school graduate or college degree preferred but not required.
- 1 year practical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Clear knowledge of the Farmside Experience.