Farmside is looking for a candidate with a passion for plants & working outdoors, being a steward to the earth and the environment, and has strong knowledge of landscape plants and plant health care practices.
- Farmside’s horticulturists are responsible for assisting in planning, preparation and maintenance of gardens, grounds and other leisure areas.
- Supervising and assisting in all stages of cultivation and maintenance.
- Assisting in planning planting schemes for new projects and reviewing existing planting schemes.
- Monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programs.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Maintains overall aesthetic of properties and design integrity. .
- Complete scheduled site visits and anticipates landscape changes.
- Ensure that required equipment and materials are available for projects as needed.
- Assist in training and development of staff.
- Review ongoing progress of jobs sold to assure that contract specifications are satisfied.
- Grow skills and knowledge of the company and the industry.
- Ensure achievement of Mission Statement standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s in Horticulture related field or field related experience preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with coworker and customer.
- Sales, time management and follow up skills.
- Ability to comprehend general and complex oral and written instructions.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong local plant identification skills
- Full understanding of Farmside Quality Work and our Industry Standard of Excellence